A delicious peanutty stir fry with just the right amount of kick. Vegetarians and carnivores alike will enjoy this dish! Serves 3-4.
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup prepared brown rice
- 1 block tofu, pressed and cubed
- 4 tbsp. powdered peanut butter (can substitute regular peanut butter, if desired)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup peanuts (optional)
Prepare rice per package directions.To prepare tofu: place a block of opened extra firm tofu in between two plates lined with paper toweling. Place a heavy object on top of the top plate (like a can of soup, etc) and let excess water drain about 20 minutes. Cut and cube.
Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine powdered peanut butter, wet ingredients, and spices in a small bowl on the side.
Saute veggies and tofu in separate frying pans over medium-high heat in olive oil or non-stick cooking spray for approximately 10 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender and tofu is golden. Remove from heat, add veggies and tofu together, and carefully stir in peanut sauce. Serve over brown rice and top with peanuts and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.