We made it to Friday! Hurray! Let’s cook something quick and easy, like this 30 minute ravioli skillet lasagna.
Who wants to stand around the stove when there are places to go and people to see? (Even if that place is the couch and those people are on Netflix?)
Ravioli Skillet Lasagna
- 12 oz frozen or fresh ravioli of your choice (I used a refrigerated caprese blend because…caprese)
- 1 jar (25 oz) pasta sauce (or you can be cool and make your own sauce like me–all it takes is some crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, lots of herbs, and diced, fresh garlic)
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
**I used a cast iron skillet to make this “lasagna” which always makes Dave nervous. We have umpteen cast iron pans, so he wants me to use them, but then he’s always worried about his babies after I cook in them. Silly guy.**
Spray a 10″ cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Tomatoes are very acidic to cast iron, so this will protect your baby.
Bring the tomato sauce to a simmer in the skillet before adding your ravioli. Let it simmer for a few minutes while you mix together the ricotta, egg, and parmesan cheese. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Dot the thawed spinach over the ravioli-sauce mixture, and spread with the back of a spoon or spatula.
(As soon as you’re done cooking, clean & season your pan. No soap!)