Boy, when is the last time I posted a recipe? This is a food blog after all, isn’t it?
The other night, I made a really good dinner. Good enough to share. Of course I never keep track of what I’m throwing together, but I think I can figure it out for this one.
- 10 (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 14-oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, diced shrimp (or shredded chicken, beef, or black beans…any protein will work)
- 1 oz taco seasoning (you can use prepared, make your own, or simply throw in spices like I do)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat up one tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, green peppers, and tomatoes and cook until tender. Turn off heat and stir in cooked shrimp.
Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with tortillas. Spread tortillas with refried beans and top with shrimp mixture and a handful of shredded cheese. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Spread salsa over the top layer of tortillas and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with Greek yogurt and chopped black olives. Guacamole would be great on top, too.