It’s been a long time since I’ve done a Fun Friday Survey, so I stole this one from Our Growing Paynes. You should check out her blog!
1. What makes you happiest? My family and friends. I’d be nothing without them.
2. Do you love the Oceans or Mountains more? Now that I’ve been to Alaska….mountains. (Until I get to the ocean again).
3. What has been a special moment in 2013? Sitting on the deck of the restaurant at our lodge in Alaska, drinking wine, and looking at the sun set on the mountains with some of my favorite people by my side.
4. What is your favorite quote? Too many good quotes to have a favorite, but this is a favorite: “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” ~Plato
5. Do you like yourself? Yes. And isn’t that simply the greatest? Sometimes I’m lazy and sometimes I’m selfish. Sometimes I get angry at people too quickly. But I’m also generous, loving, loyal, have a good sense of humor, and will do pretty much anything you ask me to if you are a kindred spirit. So I’ve got that going for me. Which is kind of nice.
6. Do you stay till midnight on New Year? Always. Except for the night when 1999 turned into 2000, which was probably a good thing, since people were trying to get us all freaked out.
7. Something you wish could be done ASAP? The elimination of a two party system. If we can’t have world peace, can we at least have country peace?
8. What was your favorite class when still at school? Always anything to do with English.
9. What musical instrument have you tried to play? I played clarinet until high school, when we had to pick between band and choir. I love to sing more than I loved to play clarinet.
10. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? That the little things don’t matter when enough time has passed.
11. Do you like to do Crafts, Drawing or Painting? Crafts and drawing, although I haven’t drawn in years. I was never very good at painting.