1. My bones are literally aching for spring. These next three months are the hardest ones of the year for me, and I hope they go by quickly.
2. I went out for lunch with my mom, sister, grandma, aunt, and niece yesterday. Eating with people is so much more fun than eating alone! I ordered a salad and the Seaburger and enjoyed every bite.
3. Let’s talk about meat thermometers. Now that we have several, I’m certain I overcooked every single piece of meat or poultry I tried my hand at when I was growing up. Last night, I didn’t check the wine-braised pork chops until they had been in the oven for half an hour, and I misjudged horribly (darn you, recipe!). In the future, the meat thermometer is staying in the whole time for new recipes.
4. I start a new position at the hospital next week, and my schedule will now be 5:00-1:30pm. Meaning I have to be in bed by 8:00pm at the latest to get eight hours of sleep. Wish me luck.
5. Medication or not, I really do have to lose weight again. My work place is now taking BMI measurements for insurance credits on next year’s plan. You can imagine the chaos this has stirred up.
6. I’m really excited about running again. That’s how much I want it to be spring.
7. Aurelia is turning one next month! My sister is planning an Alice in Wonderland tea-themed birthday party for her. I love themed parties!