1. I saw this posted on the car in front of me while I was pulling out of Target today. It made me smile.
2. In honor of the upcoming movie, Denny’s has released a menu inspired by The Hobbit.
I didn’t think this phrase would ever come out of my mouth when talking about Denny’s, but I’m impressed. However, since the Hobbit Hole Breakfast clocks in at 1,160 calories, I’d reconsider a second breakfast.
4. I did it. I succumbed to advertising and paid a ridiculous amount of money for trademark band-aids. As soon as I saw them at Target I thought Muppet Christmas Carol! Michael Caine! All the things! Then I had to wait a month until I got a bad paper-cut to use one. It was torture. Waiting, that is.
5. These Iphone autocorrects sometimes cause me to stop breathing. I was reading them at work yesterday and had to choke down my laughter to mask it.
6. I waited on two adorable and incredibly pleasant older ladies today. One was probably mid-seventies with perfectly coiffed red hair and a flowered scarf tied just so, the other mid-eighties, white haired, and slightly hard of hearing. We somehow got talking about martinis and I mentioned that I love dirty Tanqueray martinis. The seventy year old said “What? With gin?”
The eighty year old said, “Is there any other kind of martini than a gin martini?”
It made my day.
7. I cooked today! Well, kind of.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- 1 cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
- 2/3 cup pretzels, finely chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (I use Ghiradelli)
Combine peanut butter and 1/2 cup pretzels. Chill in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes. Roll the peanut butter mixture into 25 balls, about 1 1/2 tsp each. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and freeze for about one hour, or until very firm. Roll in melted chocolate and top with remaining pretzel pieces.
Recipe slightly adapted from: Eating Well.
8. After I “cooked,” I ate this for dinner.
Egg Foo Yung, Shrimp & Vegetables in Lobster Sauce, and rice.
9. This picture of pretzels makes me dizzy if I look at it too long.
10. I bought Q-Tips today, and Dave and I laughed again at the ‘variety of uses’ the box suggests.
Did I miss something? Is talking about cleaning out one’s ears with Q-Tips a forbidden subject? I’m pretty sure that’s what 98% of people use them for.
When’s the last time you swabbed a baby’s toe with a Q-tip?
11. Can’t. Stop. Laughing.