After two hours of tangling myself in strings of hot glue, burning my fingers, sighing, ripping off leather strips, cutting felt, and almost giving up completely, I finally ended up with a costume I am more or less satisfied with.
The top turned out quite well, even though it is not fun to get into and will probably be destroyed after this one run.
But since I created it intending on a one-time-use only, I’m not disappointed. Fortunately the running skirt is untouched, so I should be able to wear that again. I made a belt to go over the top of the skirt rather than gluing it on the skirt itself so I could keep it.
The belt looks really good from far away, but up close you can definitely see hot glue spots that are impossible to remove from felt.
Now I have my fingers crossed that the arm guards I ordered will be here by tomorrow!
The costume making took up most of my afternoon, so after a quick trip to Target and saying good night to Dave, it was time for dinner. After throwing away almost an entire bin of spring mix yesterday, I decided I needed to use up my spinach post haste.
Then added minced garlic and cajun seasoning for a spicy kick.
Diced tomatoes, avocadoes, and a sprinkling of Romano also made an appearance on the salad. So did another slice of Davy’s honey oat wheat bread.
Dave said, “It’s a shame you like that bread so much, because I just made it up as I went along, so I have no recipe.” I will never be able to guess with bread proportions like he does. And I certainly hope he can create it again!