1. I cleaned out Dave’s lunch bag yesterday and found this. Black Quinoa Blueberry Pudding, reduced to a sad and lowly state.
At this point, it had been sitting in his lunch bag for approximately 30 hours. Dave said he wasn’t feeling well, so he didn’t eat it. I think he was scared by the caviar-like texture of the quinoa and was afraid to try it. It’s good, I promise! Make it and let me know what you think.
2. I could live in these yoga capris from Kohls.
And if I didn’t have to go to work today, I think I would. They’re comfy, they’re stretchy, and unlike leggings, which make me feel frumpy, these make me feel curvalicious. They make everyone look good! Buy some.
3. I have been drinking a lot more coffee than usual. Iced.
No cream or sugar required, but the coffee is always flavored. My favorite thus far is Amaretto, but Coconut Creme is a close second.
4. I’m going to a Mad Men themed birthday party tonight for my friend Nicole. Happy Birthday, Nicole! 🙂 (It was actually a few days ago).
I have already rummaged through my closet for a plaid dress, pearls, and a white headband. I’m not dressing as anyone in particular, because while I would give my right pinky finger to look like Christina Hendrickson, I simply don’t.
5. I made healthy brownies.
As healthy as you can make a baked good with chocolate and sifted powdered sugar on top.
No-Pudge Brownie Clones (16 servings)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup & 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 containers Chobani Honey Nana yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk
- powdered sugar for topping
Mix all dry ingredients. Stir in yogurt and milk. Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray and spread batter evenly (the batter will be very thick). Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool and sift powdered sugar over the top.
Note: this recipe was based on a No Pudge Brownie Clone recipe, but I had to improvise. If you want a simpler recipe, follow that one!
I calculated my brownies to have 110 calories per serving (which is 1/16 of the pan and a fairly sizeable brownie).
I made these brownies for the chocolate-loving birthday girl, but since she would kill me if I gave her an entire pan of brownies, I tested them out.
Yup, I would eat that. In fact, I already did. They are more cakey than fudgy, and for a quick chocolate fix, they are quite satisfying.
6. I’m supposed to march in a Memorial Day parade tomorrow to advertise for our upcoming Renaissance Faire. The last time I was in a parade, I was about eleven and wore a purple & gold skirt and tunic and whirled a matching flag around. I bet my mom has a photo of that somewhere.
This time, I will be wearing a ridiculously awesome (and incredibly hot) Renaissance dress my sister Emily made. However, the forecast promises rain and/or thunderstorms, so I’m a little worried. Please be wrong, weatherman! I want a nice parade and cookout with my fam.
7. I only have to work for four hours today.Yippee! One of my charming co-workers was lovely enough to offer to come in for me at 7pm tonight, so I can attend the birthday bash.
Happy Sunday, indeed.